Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Smartphone Newbie in 2013

Dad bought me my first ever smartphone, not to mention my first Android phone this afternoon (or yesterday depending on how you see it.)  I know, I know, it's 2013 and almost everyone's got their smartphones if not living on their smartphones.  Actually, we've been putting off buying for many many months now thinking I don't really have that much use for it since I just stay at home and I can just always use my PC for the stuff that 'dumbphones' cannot do.  However, having the need for a back up way to use Skype for my work prompted me to accept the 'call' of the smartphones.  Plus, I am a heavy Facebook user and I want to always check my emails and the big convincing factor of all, I want to be able to read my e-books without having to stay in front of the PC.

Not wanting to spend so much, we opted for the Cherry Mobile Flare which is getting a lot of good reviews right now.  It's no iPhone or SIII but for a stay-at-home mom, it will do.  And for a vintage phone owner in 2013 like me, it's already a big step to the world of Android apps.  I'm not exactly clueless, I'm just not an expert yet.  I know how I want to use it, though, so I immediately downloaded Skype and Kindle (aside from the predictable Facebook). Imagine my delight upon seeing my e-books in there and I couldn't wait to add more.

my new and old phone
my smartphone and my well-loved phone


The dilemma is whether 'to Angry Birds or not to Angry Birds.'  Everyone who knows me why this is so; my son is obsessed! He even knows all the sounds that each type of bird makes, by heart!-- be it Angry Birds Space or Star Wars Angry Birds.  I know sooner or later I may have to yield to his request; he's just too persuasive.

So Android users or Flare users out there, would you be such a sweetheart and give me some tips or suggestions on how to make the most out my new best friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment