Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hello Blogger!

I decided to reconnect with Blogger today.

I am currently blogging at http://kidsandwhatnots.wordpress.com/ although I have just been recently active there again.  Something made me want to start a new blog here, something more localized and I think more open.

I guess it's always an issue when you blog how open you plan to be.  I don't mind talking about myself but for mom blogs, it's a little bit harder because you have to think carefully about how much of your family you're willing to share.

For this blog, I think I'm going to be more open and a little bit more specific.

First, I want to talk a little bit more about myself and my family.  In two weeks, my husband and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary.  We have two kids; Kuya <big brother in Filipino> is four and a half while Baby Girl is three.  Both hubby and I feel so lucky that we have a boy and a girl as we're not planning to have any more children.  Kuya is in Kinder 1 and Baby Girl will enter Nursery this coming school year <June here in the Philippines>.

Currently, I work from home as an English teacher to Koreans and I've been doing this for almost a year now.  I used to do office-based online teaching just after I graduated, then after that I worked for a large BPO company as a medical claims analyst.  

What I can say about working from home is that it is most definitely convenient.  Obviously, there is no need to travel, to bring packed lunch, and best of all to deal with difficult bosses (hehe).  However, there are some sacrifices too; in my case, since I am working just part time right now, of course, my current earnings do not compare to my BPO salary.  Still, I consider this opportunity a privilege because I can earn while being able to take care, and I mean really take care of my kids and our household.

Unfortunately though, not having to leave home has made me disinterested in clothes, shoes and bags; all of which are sources of happiness for me in the past.  Often, you'll finds me in short-pants and T-shirts; all the better to cook and clean and organize and to play with my kids with.

I have always loved reading ever since I learned how to.  For a few years, I did not have enough time or opportunity to just lean back, relax by my self and read a good book.  But just a few months ago, I found myself being able to do it again.  I guess the kids are growing up and they are not as dependent as they used to.  I feel so much more alive now that I am able to read again.

I know a lot of moms out there that would have the chance to read this would feel that they are reading about themselves.  So if you're one of them, don't hesitate to drop me a line.  I would love to hear from all the stay-at-home/work-at-home moms out there!

me and my family

No comments:

Post a Comment